Gilmourish.com was founded 2003. It is designed, written and hosted by me, Bjorn Riis.
I’m a guitarist, composer and producer, with four albums out,- Lullabies in a Car Crash (2014), Forever Comes to an End (2017), Coming Home (2018) and A Storm is Coming (2019). Please visit bjornriis.com for more.
I’m also the main song writer and lead guitarist in the Norwegian prog band Airbag, with four albums released. Please visit airbagsound.com for more.
Years ago, I portrayed David Gilmour in a Pink Floyd tribute act, The Pink Floyd Experience (Norway).
Gilmourish.com is not authorized, affiliated, or associated with David Gilmour, Pink Floyd or any of the brands mentioned in any way.
Gilmourish.com got contributions from Pink Floyd, David Gilmour and guitar enthusiasts from all over the world. A very special thanks to Rafal Zychal, John Roscoe, Richard Mahon, Tony Farinella, Wray Ellis, Grace Hudececk, Julian Stafford, Frederic Peynet, Eivind Engdal, Joe Eggers, Gary Griffith, Josh Szczepanowski, Kit Rae and Brian Clem and to everyone who’s who’s supported, engaged discussions and provided research.
The information on this is site is gathered from tons of different sources including a vast collection of interviews (film/radio/print) with David Gilmour, Phil Taylor and Pete Cornish, books about Pink Floyd and their albums, official concert recordings (CD/DVD) and bootlegs.
– The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia by Vernon Fitch
– Comfortably Numb – A history of The Wall 1978-1981 by Vernon Fitch and Richard Mahon
– The Complete Pink Floyd – In the Flesh by Glenn Povey
– The Black Strat – A history of David Gilmour’s Black Stratocaster by Phil Taylor
– Christie’s catalog June 2019 – The David Gilmour guitar collection auction
– Inside Out – A Personal History of Pink Floyd by Nick Mason
– thetonefromheaven.com by John Roscoe
– bigmuffpage.com by Kit Rae
– David Gilmour Tone Building page by Kit Rae
– David Gilmour Gear Forum
– The Stompbox by Art Thompson
– AnalogMan’s Guide to Vintage Effects by Tom Hughes
Please see detailed source information and acknowledgements under each article.
Every picture is used in good faith. However if you find someone that belongs to you, you will be properly credited or the image(s) will be removed right away.
Please respect that no written material from this site must be reprinted or copied in any way without my permission! The contents are protected by copyright.